MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davy's 2013

Thread: Davy's 2013
View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davy's 2013

DOHA: Former champion Nikolay Davydenko of Russia yesterday crushed Romania’s Victor Hanescu in straight sets to launch his 2013 campaign on a winning note at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open.

Davydenko, the 2010 Qatar Open champion and 2011 runner-up, won 6-2, 6-3 in just 75 minutes. Yesterday’s easy win allowed the ‘grumpy-looking’ Russian to remain perfect against Hanescu, improving to 4-0 against the Romanian.

...(cut out other players' results)...

Davydenko said he did not not enjoy playing on New Year’s eve. “We’re playing in 2012. I really don’t enjoy playing on 31st. But anyway, I will enjoy not playing tomorrow (today),” the Russian said.

“I can really celebrate my party tonight and sleep and get ready to play on (January) 2nd,” Davydenko added yesterday after his easy win.

“I (am) really happy, you know, to win today’s match,” he said. The Russian said he has the fire to push himself for tennis glory in the 2013 season.

“I want to try to win next season, to play well again and keep my concentration,” he said.

“I’m not so young. Maybe I have two more years (on the Tour), maybe one more year,” he explained.

“I did not play well last season because I wasn’t very fit (but) I am still top 50,” Davydenko said.

“That’s was I need to think about that if there’s no injury, and if I can really concentrate well for my matches and during my practice (session), then maybe I can be top 20 (again). We will see what happens at the end of the new season,” Davydenko said.

More at http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/sports/...-hanescu-.html