MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 7 Wimbledon Titles. Who is Real King of Grass?: William Renshaw vs Roger Federer?

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #67
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is the Real King of Grass: William Renshaw vs Roger Federer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
"The 1889 final however, may have been Renshaw's most memorable. He faced Harry Barlow in the All-Comers final for the right to play his brother in the Wimbledon final. After forcing the match to a fifth set, Renshaw fell behind 0-5 and faced six match points.

He would save all of them and defeat Barlow in one of the most incredible comebacks ever seen."

nice.
Harry Barlow must be one of the biggest chokers in history.

I read that article too, not bad. It said that there were 2500 people watching Renshaw winning in 1881 and packed houses elsewhere too. When you look at the crowds at Doha and China, I'd say that 1881 doesn't sound that bad after all.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote