MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ask the board Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #25
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolyBri View Post
Can players who had a bye in their first round be replaced by an alternate/LL if they don't send for their first match?

(In Noumea I had 9 players for qualies, so there was only one match in the first round of qualies, 7 players had a bye. Two of these 7 players didn't send for the final of qualies, one alternate did).
The Rules are :-

Round 1 lucky losers (Main draw and qualifying)

When both players/teams in a match fail to send picks AND there are no alternates or lucky losers to replace them, the loser with best score in this round will take their spot in the following round as a lucky loser. This rule is valid only in first rounds (main draw or qualifying).

* When the first and the second round (qualifying or main draw) are played on the same day, the loser with the best score in the first round will take the spot of a player/team which receives a bye to the second round but fails to send picks.

As the second round is the second day of the event - the 1st round winners with byes didn't have to send picks for the first round and are automatically in the 2nd round, so there cannot be any replacements made as the rule above only applies to 1st rounds.