MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Worrying times: lots of challengers missing in 2013

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #55
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worrying times: lots of challengers missing in 2013

In Argentina Challengers are working quite well. There was one Challenger event for years but in 2012 they kept the one of Buenos Aires and extended two more to the inland of the country. Those two more tournaments were really succesful to the point they are planning to add 5 tournaments in total to that list. Those 5 tournaments will be running on the 2nd semester.

They had not televised (San Juan and Villa Allende's ones) to the rest of the country ( I don't know the real reason to be honest). The challenger of Buenos Aires was televised and that didn't affected the public attendance as SF and F tickets were almost all sold out.

A good calendar organization plus a raise in prize money in some of them/hospitality may lead to improve the quality of players attending them and a good broadcast would bring more public and in consecuence sponsors and TV contracts. Definitely a marketing plan is compulsory. But is the ATP who should be doing that job...
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.

Last edited by fran70 : 12-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote