MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What was the worst Grand Slam since 2005 ?

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was the worst Grand Slam since 2005 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
When you've stuck with a fave for 8 years and suffered a few moments of heartache you'll take it any way you can.

You're a Nole fan you'd probably agree the Wimbledon he won was pretty low quality (with a DIRE final for grass tennis) but he still got the W no one will change that.
Certainly, I have no issue with Murray fans celebrating it. It doesn't particularly matter after all. He adapted to the conditions better than Nole did for the first two sets, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
The quality of a GS event has nothing to do with the winner. The USO 2012 wasn't the worst Slam in recent memory because Murray won, but because the scheduling was catastrophic, and the quality of the tennis in the late stages (SF and F) absolutely shocking. Also, it had the worst 1st round of a Slam I can remember with plenty of crap televised matches. All in all, very few memorable matches and most for bad reasons (ie Cilic's choke).
Very much this. Apart from anything else, slams should be much better organised.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote