MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do you agree with current Australian Open odds?

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you agree with current Australian Open odds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Betfair usually has the best odds and here's what they have for the title - top 10 favorites.

Djokovic - 2.54
Murray - 4.9
Federer - 6.6
Nadal - 11
Del Potro - 18

Ferrer - 42
Berdych - 75
Tsonga - 85
Raonic - 120
Janowicz - 130

I mostly agree with the top 5 - although I believe Murray and Federer should at least be closer - and agree that they should be far ahead of the rest, but after that it's a bit bizarre. Ferrer (far) ahead of Berdych and Tsonga - who reached the final here in 2008 and beat all of the top 4 at AO bar Federer? Janowicz as one of the top 10 favorites?
I agree with you that it's strange Murray has considerably better odds than Federer, we don't know how Murray handles pressure and despite what he's said recently about not feeling any, there definitely is a good amount to preform well on your follow up season to winning a grand slam
and of course Federer with his track record is pretty reliable so hm

also as much as I have faith in Janowicz making a good grand slam run at some point, top 10 in the bookies bets is absurd for someone so unproven

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote