MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi exho QF : Tipsarevic defeats Murray 6-3 6-4

View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi exho QF : Tipsarevic defeats Murray 6-3 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
You do know that Federer was invited by the organizers a couple of days ago and he declined, right?
yes (personally I still doubt that he was not invited from the start as IMG claimed), but still that doesn't take out that harsh comment from that Sproule guy, IMG chief in middle-east :

Quote:
the celebration of champions and the youth of the ATP, which we have in spades here with arguably the six hottest young players in the game, was our aim from the outset.

“These guys have more Grand Slam victories ahead of them rather than behind them.”

http://www.sport360.com/article/img-chief-explains-roger-federers-abu-dhabi-omission

and yes I'm quite happy/bitter that now they have semifinals Djoko-Ferrer and Almagro-Tipsarevic