MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Your expectations for Federer in 2013.

View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #29
country flag drazyc

drazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your expectations for Federer in 2013.

After CIncy 2012 I thought Federer really could bloom another time and maybe dominate again as he once did, especially considered Rafa's absence. But USO and the indoor season was a disappointment. He looked very tired towards the end.

I think he can win one of the slams. Wimbledon is as always his best chance, but he has actually played very well in Australia the last couple of years. Both in 2011 and in 2012 I think he had the game to win the tournament, especially in 2012. The 2011 semi against Djokovic was very high quality and should have gone to at least four sets. In 2012 he played one of his worst matches in the tournament against Rafa in the semi, but played brilliantly in the preceding matches. I think he could have beaten Djokovic in the final, so it was a shame for him that he broke down against Rafa.

The only problem is that Murray has gained confidence and become a true winning candidate in slams. And his head to head against Murray is worse than against Djokovic.
drazyc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote