MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 12-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #1015
country flag peRfect-Tennis

peRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should Court Speeds be regulated by a governming body and is CPR pointless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Thanks for the article

But I don't think one can say there's an absence of regulations and it's "too easy for tournament owners".

I remember reading that after each tournament, ATP officials ask reactions from players about the tournament organization, including the court speed.

Notably, it was one of the reasons why Paris-Bercy had to slow down their surface after their "experiment" in 2010.

And from different sources, we heard that all of the European indoor tournaments had to use the same surface and ball as the WTF.

Then it doesn't look to me that there's a problem of an "absence of regulation", anyway I don't think it's a major problem.
Players are self interested though. If you ask Nadal if he will want slower everytime. So you can't count opinions like that.

Not true about the European Indoor tournaments either - Paris Bercy surface uses a different surface to London.

Basel, Stockholm use the same as WTF.

Follow me on Twitter: @peRFectTennisUK
peRfect-Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote