MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 12-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #1012
country flag peRfect-Tennis

peRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should Court Speeds be regulated by a governing body and is CPR pointless?

I've been looking into tennis court surfaces in use at the Slams, Masters 100 & 500 and their ITF Court Pace Ratings. http://www.perfect-tennis.co.uk/tenn...-court-speeds/

It doesn't seem to add up? The court pace ratings of surfaces don't translate to the speed of the courts we actually see.

Do you guys think it's too easy for tournament owners to simply change the composition of surfaces and make them play considerably different to their specified court pace rating?

Do you think court speeds should be regulated outside of the tournament owners, that way it'd be enforced that different courts play at different speeds so we get more variety on tour?

Follow me on Twitter: @peRFectTennisUK

Last edited by peRfect-Tennis : 12-26-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Spelling error!
peRfect-Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote