MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name

View Single Post

Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #103
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name

Well I guess no more matching outfit with Williams

http://www.athleticdna.com/Tennys-Sandgren

Quote:
Tennys Sandgren
Age 21 (22 July 1991)
Birthplace: Gallatin, TN
Residence: Boca Raton, FL
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 195 lbs
Plays: Right handed
Turned Pro: 2011
Coach: Theron Cole

You could say Tennys Sandgren was born into the sport of tennis. His Father played professionally on the Satellite tour and his Mom was a serious league player. Tennys and his brother were introduced at a very young age and never looked back.

A top junior through the age groups, Tennys entered the University of Tennessee the top junior recruit in the nation, ranked #9 ITF. Tennys was an ITA All American in 2011 and reached the NCAA singles semi-final.

When asked about a pro career Tennys responded, “I first thought that I could make a career in tennis after I won back to back Futures Titles in July of 2011. Winning a Future used to seem impossible, but after I won two of them I felt that making a living playing tennis was an obtainable goal. It is important to always keep trying to improve. You never just stay the same. You are either going forward or backwards”.

Since turning pro Tennys has quickly risen up the rankings to 241 in the world. He made it to the 3rd round qualifying at the U.S. Open and has captured 4 singles Futures titles and two Challenger quarter finals. He has also finaled and won two Challenger doubles events with collegiate partner Rhyne Williams.

“I think ADNA best represents my competitive nature. The clothing business and the tour are incredibly tough and you have to work like an animal and grind every day.”

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote