MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #4604
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post

nothing funny, just wanted to point out that men in his position say and do a lot of stuff in Russia. You can get away with almost anything if you are a ER member ... his party colleague has said recently that govt shouldn't waste money on cancer patients who will die anyway - makes more sense to use money to treat curable diseases.
Ah, ok! I take it this stuff includes making crass and insensitive remarks about some of the most vulnerable members of society. In that case, these aren't men we're talking about, but "marginal souls ... children with jobs" (thus spoke Judge Judy). Or more aptly "bullies with jobs", shooting at easy targets. If the best that ER can do for cancer patients and the disabled is to kick them when they're down, Marat might want to reconsider the state of his soul (if not his actual career direction). I'm pretty sure if a ruling party MP here in the UK made that kind of remark (about wasting money on cancer patients), they'd get the sack.

Back to Marat's twitter, I still don't see why he'd have someone tweet on his behalf. It doesn't make any rational sense to me. Actually, now I think about it, I can see why he'd only want to tweet in Russian and English, the latter presumably because it's more of a lingua franca in the Twittersphere than Spanish. Tweeting every time in triplicate would be far too time-consuming.

Last edited by monkey247 : 12-18-2012 at 10:59 PM.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote