MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bogota to replace the Los Angeles tournament

View Single Post

Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #53
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogota to replace the Los Angeles tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
about the southAmerican swing moving to december, we talked about it here :

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=208844&page=5

it looked on a good way as you will see.

As for Bogota replacing Los Angeles, if we agree that the safety concern is not a big concern, there are two arguments not to go there :
- the altitude
- the distance

I'm not sure they are that strong arguments, when in the meantime the Bogota organizer seems to have a lot of money

And Querrey, Isner, Anderson or Muller look to me as the typical players who played in Los Angeles.

The notion of "opportunist players", what others call "vulture", drives me crazy on this board, as it's so so exaggerated ... or diminished, as many players are like that, I can't understand why people really think that some players like Monaco (who actually didn't play that many tournaments previous years) are that more "opportunist" than others. I can't believe how many people speak about those supposed "vultures"

As for Monaco and claycourt players, Bogota will be the same week as Hamburg then surely they will go to play Hamburg.
I guess I used incorrectly the word opportunist. What I wanted to mean, on other words, that certain players tend to play on small tournaments where they get points easily. That is part of their strategy and if the do it in a different way probably they would not be ranked where they are right now. That's my point of view.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote