MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In the spotlight - Rocketassist

View Single Post

Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #68
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the spotlight - Rocketassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Channel 4 here (an easily accessible channel at the time) had the rights to show Serie A from 1992 to 2002 so I was able to watch him at Lazio and then Juve. I knew once Cragnotti thought he could let him go and improve the Biancocelesti that was the end of them. They were a force until they sold him. And not surprisingly Juve went on to recover the title and probably would have won the CL in Manchester if he wasn't suspended for it.

The guy was just such an underrated footballer. One of the best players I've seen at his peak.
Agree. I didn't get to watch him too much at Lazio because I was too young. Watched a lot of videos of that team though, apart from Pavel there were some fantastic players, Veron, Nesta, Almeyda, Sinisa Mijahlovic, Crespo, Poborsky, etc. And Erickson was a great coach.

At Juve he was a beast. The most complete player I saw at his peak. And yes, despite he won the Ballon D'or very under-rated player. That yellow card against Real was a disgrace, one of the saddest moments in football.