MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call.

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #324
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call.

I'm not usually someone who underrates the past, but I do actually believe that the top-4 we've had since 2008 is the best I've ever seen on such a long period.

In the beginning of the 80s there was McEnroe-Lendl-Connors then Wilander joined them, but it was not really the best period of all those players except 1984 for McEnroe (but he was disappointing in 1982-1983), and overall I think that in the period we've lived in the last 5 years, the top-4 was better.

However, I feel we may reach the end of that big top-4 period soon, as Federer and Nadal might decline, and after that, Djokovic and Murray might feel quite alone considering the absence of youngsters.

I think in the future, tennis fans will cherish the years we've lived in the last 5-6 years.