MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
There was not much in that report, actually. The man who died because he did not get Ramipril? So the pharma company is to be blamed for not giving everyone a drug that was being tested and whose effectiveness was not yet known? Non-story, I think.

What would the state of medicine be today if new drugs could never be given to anyone?
you don't see anything wrong with companies paying thousands to a foreign gvt to administer experimental drugs to human beings without their consent and directly tricking them by asserting they were being given other type of drugs?

now i see why you're so keen on defending capitalism. your moral compass is as distorted as the one of any major company.

as for drug development, i'm all for it. but for starters it needs to require the direct and open consent of the patient and the risks must be evaluated by the company, the patient and also, preferably imo, by a supervising gvt medical agency.