MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #1542
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I read somewhere two accounts from the same address is something you should ask the mods about before registering the second one. Easier to get permission than forgiveness, I assume.
Ah right, I didn't know that. But that sounds about right.

With a 'family PC' (hence same IP), say if each family member is wanting to register to MTF, there needs to be a rule (if there is already, my apologies in advance) to request for photo ID for each member (or meet up face-to-face, but that's just too much IMO) that is registering for an account, so that the accounts created, do indeed belong to each different member in the family. Sadly for JG, if this was the case, he probably didn't bring this up with the Mods beforehand. So it's either; he didn't know about 'asking for permission first' (if that other account belonged to an associate of his), or he did indeed create a double/multi.

But at the end of the day, the Mod's called it based on their criteria which was violated. It might not have been a right or wrong decision, but it was their 'best' decision given what transpired. Unfortunately we can't really tell what's right or wrong because when we're online, you can never fully escape anonymity. And because of this, it's understandable that fellow users protest this decision, and rightly so. We gotta know what's at hand here; because for all we know, we're all anonymous. The fact that we all have usernames and an avatar doesn't change anything.

Hell, I could very well be one of the permabanned posters on that list who is acting like someone else and I'm not getting caught because I changed internet by either changing the company, moving house, moving country, etc, etc. I'm not by the way (otherwise start questioning me if you're all so suspicious now), but this is an example to show a potential flaw in the the DA/MA rule violation. We just don't get the full picture sometimes.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote