MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #1496
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

I don't have time to write a 3,000 word essay (sorry Andrey ) as I am currently really late for the Christmas party that I'm going to , so I'll just say a few things:

1. Congrats to viruzzz for making it to the final! Very deserving finalist for his contributions to GM and making me laugh out loud in real life with some of his fantastic posts, and of course, his contributions to Fed forum.

2. Congrats to Andrey and George for making to to the SF (and Andrey for winning the bronze medal ), especially George the noob for making it that far.

3. Thanks to everyone that voted for me - I was shocked when I was seeded #1, didn't expect to win, and am genuinely surprised that a few people seem to like me.

4. Special thanks to Nathaliia, Thanos, silverwhite and Gagsquet for the constant support and enthusiasm throughout the whole contest, especially SW who got a few of his TF buddies to vote for me.

5. Thanks also to the posters that consistently voted for me throughout the contest (to name a few names, Hewitt =Legend, Thanos, Nathaliia, SW, Gagsquet's pr0xy [why the hell is this word censored? ], Sham Kay, Chirag, Keech, 156mphserve, Deathless Mortal...if I wasn't in a rush I'd list everyone alas I'm sorry) - it means a lot.

6. In case you guys didn't know, silverwhite is the PopCon winner over at TennisForum and he's Singaporean like me, so Singapore rocks.

7. Thanks to our poor banned friend, Johnny Groove, for organising this contest. Could've gone more smoothly at times but overall a job well done.

8. Finally, I've had a pretty rough 2012 to put it mildly (though my last two months in London were absolutely fantastic), so this is a nice way to balance out the crappy shit in my life.

Thanks again.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote