MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is Murray better liked in America than Britain?

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #119
country flag Arhaych

Arhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond reputeArhaych has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Murray better liked in America than Britain?

''People say Murray's miserable because he doesn't smile very often. He's not miserable. He's normal. Have you walked down a street recently? Any street in the country? Go on, pick one. Take a stroll. Bring a notepad. Make a note each time you spot someone walking around beaming like they just taught their dog to shit money. Chances are you'll cross six postcodes before you glimpse so much as a smirk. Which isn't to say people are inherently unhappy. Just that they've got better things to do with their faces than walking around bending their mouths up like idiots.

The people who want Murray to smile are the same ones who try to make me dance at weddings. They want the world to conspicuously enjoy itself in a manner of their choosing, and they turn vaguely sanctimonious when they encounter pockets of resistance, as though their definition of fun is the only one that matters.

So Murray isn't going to win the Merryville Festival of Grins any time soon. What difference does it make to you, you needy pricks?''

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...le-just-normal

The fact that Murray is awkward in front of the cameras, and refuses to engage in 'improving at PR' is one of the main reasons I like him. No cringeworthy 'please love me' antics like Djokovic, just a normal bloke with a fantastic talent.
Arhaych is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote