MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #1443
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Regardless of whether JG was in the middle of running this contest when he was banned (which isn't relevant), the fact that he wasn't sent a PM enquiring about the alleged double account raises serious concerns. If the moderators of this forum really take the offence of a double account as seriously as they purport to, then it is reasonable to expect them to at least raise the issue with the suspected offender and give him the chance to explain himself before banning him outright. The fact that this was done in the past (and I can personally attest to it) but apparently not for Johnny Groove not only speaks volumes of the consistently inconsistent moderation of this forum, but also the absolutely thoughtless way in which this ban was carried out.

It seems like I won. I will write my thank you speech when it's not 3 a.m.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote