MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ferrer Named Spanish Player Of The Year

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #51
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrer Named Spanish Player Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Quite fair, being 2nd best Spaniard for the first half of the year and best Spaniard for the second half of the year >>>>> being best Spaniard for the first half of the year and being away for the second half of the year.

After all, I'd say Ferrer was the more notable player of these two this year, even from international point of view. He had a very good year that was also the best in his career. Rafa played only half a season, and that was on his usual form, nothing exceptional. Yeah, he won RG and three TMSs plus reached AO final but that would've been more remarkable if he hadn't already had so much success.
That's quite ridiculous reasoning. Just because Rafael Nadal is usually that brilliant and often even more so, doesn't take away from his achievements when judging an award from a neutral standpoint, like any award should be judged.

I think that any true professional would rather win an award on true merit, rather than charity. The award must feel somewhat hollow.

Not that any of this matters, I don't think that anyone particularly cares about this.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote