MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow.

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #4683
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seeker Thread. - Happy Holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Interesting. But yeah, based on what I know about you it seems like that might be right career for you
I think so too. I'm just too lazy for a proper office job. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm smart enough for academia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Not a mathematical person?
No, I meant that I would be so shit that my employer would fire me immediately while I would give myself a few chances to understand the job before I quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
stuff like that makes me angry (not an easy Task), striking is a Basic right of all human beings but i guess every country with her rules and Mentality, no country is perfect..

i do believe that in the future, things like that will change, dont know how but it will or i hope it will..
The Singapore government doesn't even need to justify the interference with the right to strike because 1) it's not even a right in the first place; and 2) even if it's framed as the right to freedom of assembly, this right to subject to so many limitations that it's rendered absolutely impotent. I would go on but it would just make me really angry so I'll stop here. But I totally agree that the right to strike is a basic human right, but I come from a country that subjugated the freedom of religion to public order (banning of Jehovah's Witnesses in Singapore) so I'm totally not surprised.

One last thing: do you know that we are only NOW having constitutional challenge to our backwards anti-sodomy law? This is an issue that my German professor called "philosophically settled" and it's a big thing that the law is being reviewed by the courts. So tragic. What's even worse is that most people don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i wasnt making them aware of any boyfriend they vaguely were aware i knew a man from russia but i was discreet and didn't appear like it was something serious, so they tried to be curious ofc, but didn't push me to the limits of patience when i didn't speak
They didn't know your boyfriends. In Singapore, the test of whether a relationship would work is whether the parents would like the significant other...

Quote:
i think they'll like Arsen, it's hard to not like him

my mom already saw a pic and judged he's good looking
she's always asking if he likes the things i cook
So sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
also Arsen would miss me if i was away from home every day for too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
so we finally know whose father this is