MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #1172
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

My dead son and girlfriend approve of all of this drama. For my next trick, I think maybe I will put a LL from qualifying into the SF next round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
as if this was funny
It is funny, all of this reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Groove being here laughing it off, I don't see how that's helpful.
What I wrote in the PM to you about this, was my diplomatic side.

Quote:
tbh, both ACC and popcon decisions were wrong, and the fact these are ONLY internet contests should add fair play and good will to it, not the way around

it's not like someone gets real money or a better job for their children for fixing a result, like in real life (which at least has some understandable motivation)

that's just my opinion as a person who actually ran many of these contests and i'm as big buddy of DM as Nole Fan, i didn't vote in that match because i couldn't choose, actually. it's just a matter of fair play and treating each other seriously, or not.

and at the top of all, i wonder why johnny tries making it look "funny" instead of at least apologising in here so DM and the others could just move on
The thing is, I made an error and my update with like 37 minutes to go in the R16 thread was wrong, I admit. But what am I to do now? Freeze the QF matches so we can do a revote?

I am laughing because of how serious everyone takes this all. I feel like the Joker watching Gotham burn. For so long I try to be Batman but now its just like fuck it. But I can't I must be Batman and finish this event. It is only QF stage. There may be more drama to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
She is right about the last part, yes.

Although making mistakes is human, Jonathan should have at least apologized to DM for the mistaken instead of laughing it away.
Yes, I did make an error, and if caught quicker, could have been rectified. I am applauding DM's ability to take such a punch, though, along with my thanks to his counting of votes in the early rounds for me during finals week.
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote