MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rusty Articles and News 2013

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rusty Articles and News 2013

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...X5c1AI.twitter

Lleyton's boy has a smashing time

AUSSIE tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt would like to see three-year-old son Cruz one day play among the world's elite - but would be happy if he hung up the racquet for Aussie rules instead. "Cruz loves tennis whereas my two daughters (Mia and Ava) follow more in Bec's footsteps," Hewitt said. "Cruz is out there with myself or my coach hitting balls all the time.

"He's played a little bit of AFL, which he loves as well ... while he's young it's good to play a sport like AFL to be in a team environment."
Hewitt said he is in top shape physically and mentally ahead of the Australian summer tennis schedule.

"At the moment I'm feeling as fit as I've felt in a long time and as strong as I've ever been," he said.

"That gives me a lot more confidence going out on the court, in the back of your mind knowing that you've done all the hard work."
Hewitt also revealed he had been in regular contact with tennis prodigy Bernard Tomic and while he thought the Queenslander had the potential to break into the world's top 10, said he agreed with Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter's decision to dump the 20-year old for the tie against Taiwan in February.

"There's no doubt he has exceptional talent, but he's got to use it in the right way and be positive with it," Hewitt told The Sunday Telegraph while launching the Cadbury Smash for Cash, which will see one lucky Aussie have a crack at returning his serve at the Australian Open and a chance at winning up to $50,000.

"As soon as you start focusing on something else your game falters, so it's really important to focus on what you need to do on the court and to get the best out of yourself."

Leaving his home base in the Bahamas to be in Sydney for Christmas and upcoming tennis tournaments, Hewitt mused on family life.
"Life couldn't be better," he said. "We love it over there."

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin

Last edited by Ausie : 12-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote