Re: Five Matches That Defined Your Favourite Player's 2012 Season
I'm actually going to do 9 matches of Nadal that defined this year.
1. AO QF vs. Berdych- Berdych has success vs. Nadal on hard courts in years past, and had a set up and a set point to take it 2 sets up, but Nadal just fought hard and came through with a defining win, imo. We saw how Berdych can take out a top seed in a HC slam at USO. This was a big match for Rafa to get through.
2. AO SF vs. Fed- Nadal's win over Fed in AO 09, many thought was a fluke blah blah blah, this was a big match for Nadal over Fed in a hard court slam.
3. AO F vs. Nole- 6 hour war, incredible stuff
4. Fed in IW- First time Nadal lost to Fed on an outdoor hard court since I think Miami 2005?
5. Tsonga in Miami- Nadal should have wrapped this up in 2, but struggled in 3 and his body paid the price.
6. Nole in MC- First time beating Nole since 2010 WTF, meant a lot to him.
7. Ferrer in Barcelona- Only Ferrer and Nadal can play a 2 set match that lasts over 3 hours, and what a match it was. Truly Ferrer's best chance to beat Nadal.
8. Djoovic RG final- Cemented legacy as greatest clay courter of them all.
9. Rosol match at Wimbledon- Not much more needs to be said, really.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.
Originally Posted by tripwires
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
So much love from MTF
Originally Posted by YodaKnowsBest
Groovy I dont know if this means anything to you, but outside top 50, unranked included you are the only player I would analyse.