Good thread George
Doesn't deserve to be DOA
Barcelona Final: David Ferrer l. Rafael Nadal 6-7 5-7
- Played very well, going after Nadal at every opportunity. Yet failed to get it done in the clutch. Similar story in the first set of their Rome SF before David seemed to lose all belief in himself and Rafa won four straight blow-out sets on the clay. Sadly for Ferrer, he really struggles to take his opportunities against the top 4, which was evidenced again against Murray at Wimbledon and Federer at the YEC.
Roland Garros Quarter Final: David Ferrer def. Andy Murray 6-2 6-7 6-3 6-2
- Reached his first RG SF. Something that was long overdue.
Wimbledon Fourth Round: David Ferrer def. Juan Martin del Potro 6-3 6-2 6-3
- Wins handily against one of his competitors for a top five ranking and the third of a four match win streak he is currently enjoying over del Potro. He would also beat Berdych, his other rival for a top 5 place, comfortably in one of the biggest matches of each man's season.
US Open Quarter Final: David Ferrer def. Janko Tipsarevic 6-3 6-7 2-6 6-3 7-6
- Outlasts a red-hot Tipsarevic in a marathon match with fluctuating momentum, epitomising his gritty determination and reaffirming his confidence while playing those ranked below him. In doing so, he reached his second GS SF of the year.
Paris-Bercy Final: David Ferrer def. Jerzy Janowicz 6-4 6-3
- Takes advantage of an open draw and wins the biggest title of his career at the age of 30.