MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do You Believe In A "God"?

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #666
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helevorn View Post
I am pretty much aligned to Bertrand Russell's thoughts about agnosticism. Like he used to say, atheists and believers tell us that it can be proven that there is a God, or there are no gods at all. Agnostics simply didn't find any secure and rational basis in order to resolve the question, hence they suspend any question.

Moreover, Russell and many other philosphers, specially in the north of Europe, the most developed region of Europe in almost every field, wrote about a quasi-atheist agnosticism, that is my intimate thought: I was raised as an agnostic (my region, Emilia, has a long story in ignoring catholic teachings and education) and as far as now, with many years of studying and thinking, I didn't reach a clear idea about God, gods, coincidence and so on. So, I live as an atheist, not wasting one single minute of my life thinking about gods, prayers, rituals, nor I waste my time in insulting other people and being sure that no God exists.

Still I am an agnostic and not an atheist, 'cos Im graduated in history and I've been studying for many years tons of mystics, religions, metaphysics, that I'm not able to prove to myself that these were all crazy and visionaries.. so I leave the doors open for any progress in the future

Of course my thoughts are about religions as systems of beliefs and philosopies, not about institutions, Vaticans, churchs or centers of power hidden under religious masks. My flag is Vatican City's flag 'cos Vatican conquered the north of Italy after we have been ghibelline and indipendent since the fall of the roman empire, but Vatican and the Holy See and Christianity are extremely different things
What.

That is not what atheism is.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote