MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 5 Forehands With Deadly Finishing Power and Consistency In the Clutch

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #123
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Forehands With Deadly Finishing Power and Consistency In the Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
IMO it is something like

1. Lendl/Federer
2. Sampras
3 Borg/Nadal

I really think the Borg/Lendl forehands were analogous to the forehands of Nadal/Federer. Borg with great accuracy, placement and consistency while Lendl with the power and clutch. Certainly both, especially Borg's forehand, was ahead of their time. Sampras had a tremendous forehand, but I mean hard to really rate considering playing from the baseline wasn't his biggest strength unlike the others.
I mainly agree with you in the top 3. I don't agree with Nadal /Borg as all time great forehands.
My top 5 are:
1) Lendl
2-3) Federer/Sampras
4) Muster
5) Gonzalez

As I mentioned before there are/were some extraordinary forehands that produce amazing results at their times like Borg/Vilas (they heavy topspin ones were revolutionary on the 70ties), Clerc , Perez-Roldan (on clay), Mancini, Engvist, Bruguera(on clay), Roddick and Nadal.
Enqvist, Clerc for the reasons mentioned before.
I'm not sure if I am forgetting an another one worth to be mentioned.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.

Last edited by fran70 : 12-08-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: xxx
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote