MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Five Matches That Defined Your Favourite Player's 2012 Season

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Five Matches That Defined Your Favourite Player's 2012 Season

Phlipp Kohlschreiber

1. Doha R1: Nadal def. Kohlschreiber 6-3 6-7 6-3

Well Kohli was in a real slump at the end of 2011 and he started of his season with a brutal draw. But he showed in this Match that there are better things t ocome this season and so Kohli was off to a great start to 2012

2. Munich Final: Kohlschreiber def. Cilic 7-6 6-3

This victory was maybe the real breakout this season, because he finally got it done the whole week. He played 4 great Matches and he won the title again on home soil

3. Halle QF: Kohlschreiber def. Nadal 6-4 6-4

Do I need to say more, finlly he won against Nadal after coming so close in a lot of Matches.Well of course Nadal was tired, but for Kohlis confidence this was maybe the biggest boost he could get.

4. Wimbledon R16: Kohlschreiber def. Baker 6-2 7-6 6-3

I couldn't decided which Match was more important, this Match or the win against Haas, but here he finally reaached the Quaters of a grand slam, which lead the way that he finally entered the Top 20

5. US Open R32: Kohlschreiber def. Isner 6-4 3-6 4-6 6-3 6-4

Kohli was in a little slump prior to the US Open and played two bad Matches to reach the R 32. But then ut of nowwhere the Kohli of the spring returend and fought down the American Giant in a 5 set thriller. Isner was one of the favorites to reach the semis until Kohli came into his way.
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote