MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Federer Decline Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #1313
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Is he done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
He was the 2nd best player of 2012.

The H2H against his main rivals:
Djokovic: 2 - 3
Murray: 3 - 2
Nadal: 1 - 1

Not bad for a 31 year old playing against 5 years younger opponents.

Roger will not fall out of the top 4 next year as the haters eagerly want and already started saying.

He has declined. That's obvious, just watch a match from 2005/2006. But his talent and natural ability allow him to still win slams and beat prime top opponents much to the despair of he haters.

4 more years haters and then you can finally rest.
I don't think any tennis fan really wants to see Roger retire... It will be the end of an era... We will all miss Roger when that happens...

I've heard many fans say that they will stop watching tennis when Fed retires: then they are not tennis fans, they are Fed fans, into the personality cult more than into the sport.

Our sport is bigger than any one player... It will be interesting to see what will happen then, the playing field will be more level, we won't have one player getting all the crowd support in all the venues all over the world. It'll be weird...