MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - I can be the best player ever: Tomic

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #61
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can be the best player ever: Tomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
... but once again I ask the same to be done about Tomic

... because even if Bernard is the one quoted here, nobody ignores that the words which are blamed here are the exact same words that his father has used about him since he was a child, and also I read enough about Tomic sr to know that he does indeed want to control what is said about his son in the media. I think Tomic sr cares more about those media things than Bernard, because Bernard mostly has one realistic concern : his tennis and life, which are more real than the media.
Well, he does keep going out there and saying wild things. Tomic may still be young, but he's certainly not young in tennis; he's spent nearly 4 full years inside top 500, so I guess he should have some idea how things work by now. His goal for 2012 was finishing in top 10 or in top 20 at the worst. Now that he failed to finish in top 50, his new goal is the be the GOAT. It's almost funny how everything with him is backwards and upside-down.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote