MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #59
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
First of all, Nole won Wimbledon, Roddick and Murray didn't. I don't care about some of you thinking Nole is 'not that good' on grass, well he is is he won W and was in a couple of semis. Therefore anybody placing Roddick or Murray above Nole is not objective at all and know sh!t. the only objective list is this.
1. Ivanisevic
2. Agassi
3. Djokovic
4. Roddick
5. Murray

also, someone very 'smart' said 'but Nole didn't play on fast grass', like hello genius how could he? Agassi didn't play on slow grass either. gee, sometimes so tired of stupid people on this board.

also, that guy who said 'but Nole won it in his magic year'. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. like really man.
Lol..

Djokovic = 1 grass title (Wimbledon), 0 grass finals, 2 Wimbledon SFs
Roddick = 5 grass titles (4 Queens, 1 Eastbourne), 3 grass finals (Wimbledon), 1 Wimbledon SF
Murray = 3 grass titles (2 Queens, 1 Olympics), 1 grass final (Wimbledon), 3 Wimbledon SFs

Yes, Novak did win Wimbledon which is the ultimate trophy, but I thought many of Nole's fans were trying to justify Novak's place at the top over Federer during the year because of the better overall stats despite not actually taking home the titles like in Monte Carlo, Rome and Roland Garros... Either way, it is after all ONLY 1 grass final which was a win. Again, there is no denying that Roddick and Murray do not have a Wimbledon title, and arguably would probably trade their entire grass resume just to have Novak's Wimbledon (or even their entire careers ) but that doesn't change the fact that Roddick and Murray are arguably much more consistent and better grass courters. As I said in my original post, Murray you could make a case that he is equal to Djokovic at the moment, but Roddick deserves to be much higher ranked of a grass courter than Djokovic.