MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #37
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Definitely. But even playing great he lost this year to Murray, DelPo and Roger. With that level on a different surface would be enough to bet them. it's gonna be really tough to reach 2011 level, thats the only way (to me) that Novak could win Wimbly again.
It depends. Nole in 2011 Wimbledon wasn't too impressive until the very end, he struggled against Baghdatis and Tomic a lot, played well against Tsonga but within his normal level I'd say, and played awesome in the finals, probably one of his best matches on any surface, barely made a single mistake in the first two sets.

I think in 2012 he actually looked better in his earlier rounds than last year - struggled less and didn't have problems slipping as he usually has. This time Roger was better player on that day, but I think that doesn't mean anything conclusive. Nole is good enough to get to Wimbledon SF routinely, and unless he meets a really good grass courter again like this year, he could easily make more finals.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote