MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #24
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agassi, Ivanisevic, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic: How would you rank them on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I

The only thing we can conclude from this is that barring Agassi, all players played on a surface truly suited to their game, this is why I think Agassi's victory was more emphatic and especially considering it was his first slam, which was unexpected at the time. We can also conclude that there were many players in the 90's who were dangerous on grass and capable of taking out more expected players, whereas today it doesn't take a genius to predict 90% of the matches at hand.
even roddick?

yeah grass was still relatively quick in 2004 and 2005 compared to today, but I can't help but think that a big server like him would've done even better in the 90s before any decrease in court speed - which started in 2001
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote