MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog.

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #1212
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Very true. Thanks for making me feel guilty again!
You know how you can make it up to me.

Quote:
You are too afraid to guess.
Yes, that, and I'm clueless as to what you're referring to exactly. Is it about family? Friends? Girls?

Quote:
Are you the real tripwires, or are you an imposter?
I am the real tripwires because I've been looking at the same page of my Marx article for the past hour or so with no progress; on the other hand, my MTF post count keeps increasing.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm okay! I feel really happy for once, actually!
Yay! Did anything wonderful happen today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
yes, I agree. One is more passive. You'd probably only have a split second to make the decision (if you had more time you could maybe get one or both parties off the tracks; I mean unless some villain tied them up to the tracks like in an old movie). The other scenario requires a really firm decision on your part, and the premeditation to realize that you need a fat person and seek them out.
The fat person is assumed to be right next to you so all you have to do is to push him onto the tracks. What if he's too fat though and you're not strong enough to push him?

Quote:
Can you imagine rushing around on a train platform, weaving around the skinny people to find a fat guy to push on the tracks? Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.
That'd be a great way to parody this ridiculous fat man trolley case. Apparently there are a lot of variations of it in moral theory and the person that came up with them was a woman. And the people that face death in the scenarios are all men.

Quote:
Sure, I would love to help you troll your teachers.
How nice of you. Actually I don't talk much in class (I can count on one hand the number of times I've said anything in class this whole term) so I probably wouldn't have trolled him. There are enough trolls in my class anyway...
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote