MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog.

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #1207
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
You felt guilty about voting against me, right? To make up for it you'll have to tell me your secrets.
I did feel really guilty… until I saw that you won anyway.

Quote:
Why would I feel guilty after knowing them? This is just making me more and more curious. Tell meeee. Where do I even begin to ask? I need a rough idea of what it's about in order to draft some questions.
You'd feel guilty that you intruded on something strange, and wonderfully interesting, but perhaps a little mean, and maybe quite inappropriate. That kind if sums up my way of thinking. My mind, and all the pearls that live inside its murky waters. So is that a rough idea?

Quote:
Well, it's a question of doing something to save some people and killing one person as a result of your action versus doing absolutely nothing knowing that people will die. You know there's no liability under civil law if a passerby sees a drowning man and does nothing and the man dies? It makes sense legally but what the law allows isn't always what is moral...
I'm sorry, I'm not in the right mood to talk about this. I'll respond properly when I'm not dreaming amongst the stars.

Quote:
The context in which this trolley thing was brought up was the question of whether it's right or permissible for the state to shoot down a hijacked plane carrying innocent passengers to avoid it crashing into another civilian building, 9/11-style. I think intuitively it's not right. But it's not an easy question.
Likewise. The above applies. Sorry.

Quote:
Most people apparently aren't willing to sacrifice the fat man though. Okay, let's take the fatness out of the exmaple - you have to push another person onto the tracks to save the 5 people. I think it's even worse than the first scenario because your involvement in his death is more direct.
Ditto.

Quote:
You are very bad.
Probably.

I am having strange sensations tonight. It's fabulous.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote