MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Johnny Mac: Fed, Djokovic should let emotions out

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #40
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Mac: Fed, Djokovic should let emotions out

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post

I often read things about that and the famous "body language" from the Wilander guy especially, but as I read from another top-player, if it's only a body language and nothing inside, it's not really important : it has to be something real, more impressive for the opponent is that Fed doesn't start playing worse like somebody who doesn't believe anymore (as Murray does sometimes, and Djokovic more seldom but also in a lesser extent), and even changes things and accelerates : that's what Benneteau said of their match in Wimbledon for instance. Also playing very solid on big points. Nadal is also well-known for that : when he's lost previous set, you can be sure he will accelerate in the beginning of next set for instance and that's something which impresses the opponent a lot whatever face he has, the opponent is mostly impressed by how tough the match is and he has to wonder "can I really do it ?"
Yep, I also think it's a combination of body language and attitude on court that makes the diference.
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote