MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Motivation for Tests/ Papers. For all Uni/College/Highschool students.

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motivation for Tests/ Papers. For all Uni/College/Highschool students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
As long as you are applying to non math/science degree you should be ok. Because 740/790 is pretty amazing! Given 3.0 gpa could be better; but you got the SAT scores which help.

I think in the category list of Yes/No; you will be in the most likely/maybe category

It goes- Great gpa/great SAT/ACT- Yes
Great GPA/ prett good SAT- 80% yes
3.5 gpa/mediocre SAT- probably maybe
average gpa 3.0/ good SAT probably maybe. it will help if you got a goodish essay, plus extracurricular activities.
Average gpa/average SAT- this is when they probably look at extracurricular and more deeply at your essay's.

It seems you will be ok, but if you get a letter saying please send in an updated transcript, you are on the fence. That happened with me, but thankfully I got in.

I pretty much just met the requirements of the school, so it was kinda iffy there. But I had the extracurricular activities to boot/ being an Eagle Scout.

Also make sure you apply to at least 4 schools and don't do it last minute!
1. Favorite/Hardest school
2. Kind of on par with favorite school
3. Easier school
4. Some local community college

-This is just to ensure you have plans A,B,C,D just in case. Because some college, is better then no college.
I have pretty much 0 extracirricular activities other than starting for tennis team every year. Though I did go to CTY (Center for Talented Youth, which I qualified for in 1 category by 1 point), which should help

Planned major is political science, maybe minor in creative writing/english where a writing course isn't offered

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote