MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #354
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Why unlucky loser? I had no idea of what the scores looked like at that point or would look like. And in any case, the contest won't change my life in any way, lol. What makes you think I took it seriously?

Yes I was being rude the other day. I regret it and I really I would get banned. I won't find any excuse and I want to apologize if I shocked people.

But I started a debate with my "opponent" on the crisis in Syria. She gave one fallacious argument and then it stopped there. But next I stumbled on her posts on the ACC Thread which I normally never open - which she knows - only to humiliate me on my stance in this conflict while she refused to discuss it on the Syria thread. If I have something to tell people I always say it straight, not behind the back.

Besides I'm convinced that my stance on this conflict is utterly right and that hers is very dangerous and irresponsible. But I'm open to discussion. Not her.
Just to make things clear, I hadn't a clue whether you read the ACC thread or not and I don't know why you would assume that I knew that you normally didn't open it. My ACC comments were equally mean towards all the posters that I voted for and they were made in the spirit of the contest, which, as you know, isn't a nice contest to begin with. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings (which you implied by saying I humiliated your stance on the crisis); in my own defence, you called me a salafist lover (the original comment was censored so it might have been something worse was it 'fucker' or something?) in PopCon which isn't the kind of contest where such comments get thrown around. Doesn't that also qualify as 'talking behind my back' under your definition? In any case, I was a little shocked by the comment at first but I laughed it off after a while, so no hard feelings.

As for why I didn't reply in the Syria thread, honestly I don't remember. I don't remember seeing a reply from you but I wasn't looking very hard; I was probably preoccupied with something else at the time. Just to be clear, it wasn't like I refused to debate; I just didn't go back and read the thread, but somehow your post stuck with me. I think my stance on every issue that I take a stance on is utterly right, so of course you would think that yours is utterly right. I'm open to debating this provided you keep it civil.

Again, sorry about my comments. I'll tone it down next year...
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote