MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do you believe in Asexuality?

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
You didn't understand my point, and I wasn't attacking you.

Your point was that you feel sorry for them because they (in your mind) can't be in a relationship with a lot of people because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex whereas others do)

My point is, well going by your logic, would you feel sorry for gay people, since they, by that logic, could not be in a relationship with a lot of people (straight people), because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex with the opposite gender whereas others do)

I then go on to say that like gay people, who form relationships with other gay people since they have the same likings, so do asexual people (i.e. form relationships with other asexual people)

And I have to clear up a very commonly misunderstood point. Being asexual doesn't mean you HATE having sex, or that you don't have sex ever. It just means you're not actively looking for sex. So it is possible for 1 person in a relationship to be asexual, and have sex sparingly whenever the partner wants to have sex to fulfill the relationship.
that definition looks more like my definition of being married :P

Seriously though, I get your point, and as I clarified before, I would only feel sorry (maybe sympathize with is a better form?) for an asexual person when it will result in him/her not being able to maintain relationships. Again, if someone is happy, that is great. I just thought from the story that was told that the guy's asexuality now caused him to lose his relationship, which I would say is sad.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote