MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do you believe in Asexuality?

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
no mate. again stop putting words in my mouth. As I said, the problem is not in having or not having sex, but in having a relationship.
But as Taejin said, that can be resolved by dating another asexual person.

as for the bolded part, this won't work with a person who has sexual needs, unless they come to some kind of agreement about stepping out.
You didn't understand my point, and I wasn't attacking you.

Your point was that you feel sorry for them because they (in your mind) can't be in a relationship with a lot of people because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex whereas others do)

My point is, well going by your logic, would you feel sorry for gay people, since they, by that logic, could not be in a relationship with a lot of people (straight people), because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex with the opposite gender whereas others do)

I then go on to say that like gay people, who form relationships with other gay people since they have the same likings, so do asexual people (i.e. form relationships with other asexual people)

And I have to clear up a very commonly misunderstood point. Being asexual doesn't mean you HATE having sex, or that you don't have sex ever. It just means you're not actively looking for sex. So it is possible for 1 person in a relationship to be asexual, and have sex sparingly whenever the partner wants to have sex to fulfill the relationship.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote