MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bernard's Articles and News

View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #48
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard's Articles and News

New comments from Craig Tiley:

Troubled Tomic urged to heed Hewitt’s advice
30 Nov 2012 Herald Sun Leo Schlink
Quote:
WALLOWING Bernard Tomic has been urged to tap into Lleyton Hewitt’s expertise as the youngster struggles to reverse a depressing form slump.

Tomic, 20, slipped from a career-high ranking of 27 in June to 52 in a season blighted by 12 openinground losses and 10 secondround failures.

Apart from admitting to a sub-standard workrate, the Wimbledon quarter-finalist has also been distracted by several off-court issues.

Tomic’s future is a hot topic at Tennis Australia before the summer circuit starts, as discussions continue over the baseliner’s coaching situation.

TA director Craig Tiley said Tomic and his father — and coach — John were unhappy with many facets of his record of 26 wins from 53 matches this year.

Tiley said Tomic had been encouraged to forge a closer relationship with grand slam winners Hewitt, Pat Rafter and Tony Roche as well as Josh Eagle and Todd Woodbridge.

‘‘Bernard can take some great advice from Pat Rafter, Todd Woodbridge, Josh Eagle, Tony Roche — there’s four people that are part of the Davis Cup team,’’ Tiley said.

‘‘I’d be listening to everything Lleyton tells me, as well. There wouldn’t be a better adviser out there on understanding of what it takes out on the tour.’’

Tiley said much of any potential mentoring would be meaningless unless Tomic was prepared to react.

‘‘Bernard is hearing it. Listening to it is another story and I think the time will come when that will happen,’’ Tiley said.

‘‘We’ve got to find a way for Bernard to wake up one morning and make the commitment to become a great tennis player.’’
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote