MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ernests' news thread!

View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #2180
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...2-6-To-10.aspx

Upsets Of The Year - Nos. 6-10

8. Ernests Gulbis d. Tomas Berdych, 7-6(5), 7-6(4), 7-6(4), Wimbledon First Round
Ernests Gulbis had lost in the first round in eight of his past nine Grand Slam championships ahead of his Centre Court match against 2010 runner-up and sixth seed Tomas Berdych. "I saw the draw and I was really happy. I wanted to play [a] first round against a tough opponent,” said Gulbis. But when the free-swinging Latvian is on-form, he is an irrestible force. Coached by Gunter Bresnik, who had worked some technical changes to Gulbis’ groundstroke, the mercurial talent caught Berdych cold in a stunning victory over two hours and 34 minutes. World No. 87 Gulbis barely blinked, hitting 62 winners including 30 aces, winning 84 per cent of his first serve and committing 33 unforced errors in a straight-sets win. Asked how he had closed out the match, Gulbis said, straight-faced, “I’m well known for my mental strength, ask around. In practice I beat everybody." It was Berdych's first opening round loss at Wimbledon since his debut in 2004 (l. to Benneteau).
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote