MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Andre Agassi vs Joachim Johansson AO 2005

View Single Post

Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andre Agassi vs Joachim Johansson AO 2005

Does anybody still remember that match?

I always thought it to be one of the best matches I've ever seen. Johansson blistering 1st and 2nd serves like a machine and slapping balls left and right winners after winners. It was definitely one of the most impressive BALL BASHING (and i mean just pure pure pure brainless ball bashing) display I have ever seen. No rhythm or rallies whatsoever, whatever in strike zone it's almost a winner. In total Johansson on that night served a grand slam record of 51 aces (now broken by Karlovic of 55) and played in zone tennis. Even the big man himself said "he felt he could have served better" at the post match interview.

The old Agassi however fended off the in the zone big man impressively and won the match 7–6(4), 6–7(5), 6–7(3), 4–6. Tbh after the first set I didn't think Agassi had a chance, but the guy showed why he's one of the best service returner ever and turned the match around. Impressive stuff.

Of course though the next round he met an in form Federer and got demolished.