MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Favourite Top 100 Tennis Player - Semifinal 1

View Single Post

Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #21
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Top 100 Tennis Player - Semifinal 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
Thanks for continuing this, Slasher.
But, um...

...would you mind sharing your thoughts on that?
I mean, I'm sceptical about format changes.
The original format apparently was an 8 (or 10) player multiple choice final, analogous to the previous stages.

If now the final wasn't multiple choice (or was totally different) the idea behind this poll/contest series would be in danger of getting pretty much destroyed.
I'm afraid Federer would win then by a large margin whereas the likes of Haas and Dimitrov, who many people give their second or third vote, had no chances anymore.
(If not for multiple choice in the QF I'm sure Nadal and Murray were not yet eliminated.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
THIS!
Slasher please do it multiple choice !!! For the sake of logic !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliboyz View Post
I agree about multiple choice option for the final too!!!
The problem with multiple choice for the final is that lots of people are voting for everyone except who they want to lose e.g. vote for everyone except Player X. That skews the results.

It hasn't made that much difference so far but that's because people have had their own favourites to focus on. But presumably in the final most people's favourites will be out so I think there will be a lot of tactical voting with a multiple choice poll.
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote