MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In my opinion, the Challenger Tour Finals should be...

View Single Post

Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In my opinion, the Challenger Tour Finals should be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
You all want to rise the prize money for challenger players but cant accept a wc to a local player?
It is acceptable when a local gets a Wild Card out of 32 players, and is a Top 50 player. But when a local gets a Wild Card out of 8 players in a competition with the name "Finals" in it, that's an outrage (imagine the ATP finals giving a Wild Card to the second British player in the world so that more British would come). The format was not imposed, so the Brazilians inventors could have hosted a special Challenger Finals with 32 players instead of 8, and the same prize pot.

Although the case is not the same (Bellucci can't lose this competition, and the second British in WTF would have no chance winning the competition), the result is the same (inserting a player that does not belong in the competition).

Nobody around here likes this event from what I see, this event has no meaning to "Increasing CH money" because it is played by top challenger players. The little players out there that are affected by the fact that they get very few money in the beginning rounds remain affected, no matter if this tournament exists or not.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote