MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Psychological Help and Self Help Thread. Come on in.

View Single Post

Old 11-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychological Help and Self Help Thread. Come on in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
sure I don't mind I recognise the isolation part. Right now I am looking for a job, and have been for awhile. The problem I encounter is that I seriously fear that I won't be good enough (even though I've finished my education at the university). My way of coping with this is not putting in enough effort, which inevitably leads to not getting a job, and becoming more insecure.

It also leads to isolation abit, even though it is more my doing, than any of my friends'. What happens is my friends are interested in me, and want me to do well. As a result they start asking about jobs and presenting me with job opportunities. I feel obligated to persue these, but I still am not putting enough effort into this. Now I feel embarrassed because I feel I'm letting them down. To avoid this feeling, I start pushing them away abit.

It's loads of running away from stuff tbh. Ironic part is I have a major in social psychology.
Indeed. Often when human beings face a challenge, that is tough, the confident ones face up to it, and the less confident people try and back away. It's a shame,

I understand completely. I get that feeling sometimes, hiding away from things that we know are important. It's so easy for anyone to tell you to try and feel more confident, but it just isn't easy.

Have you tried anything else to help yourself?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote