MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bogota to replace the Los Angeles tournament

View Single Post

Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #35
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Farmers Classic tournament at UCLA discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
L.A. no more. Moving to Colombia
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/farmers...6295--ten.html
In other links i've read that the owner of IW made an offer too ..
he had made an offer but from the link now it seems it's official that it's the Bogota guy who got it in the end.

I had read in a Swiss article that that guy (who is also responsible for Federer's exho match with Tsonga in Bogota) had tried to get one ATP tournament for very long, but obviously would prefer another date.

I read that the 9600 tickets for the Fed-Tsonga exho had been sold in 3 hours

In that article I read, they say that SouthAmerica is crazy about tennis like nowhere else, they say that in Argentina even housewives are experts about tennis

It's normal that tournaments from the USA move there in these conditions, as the Americans seem to be disinterested in tennis.