MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog.

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #879
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Only the GOAT is worth it.
I've only ever seen Federer live, once, so it would be great to do it ant least once more.

Quote:
Yeah that was exactly why I always played sets with this guy who couldn't serve that well back home. Otherwise I'd be severely disadvantaged which means I'd lose which means there's no point in playing.
That's a poor attitude. Losing is part of the game.

Quote:
This reminds me that I got aced. I was expecting a wide serve but the guy hit a bomb down the T. How do you anticipate where the guy will serve to? Is it just a guessing game? Or do some players have a certain pattern that you figure out after a few points?
The ball toss reveals what spin they are going to put on the ball, and how closed (or open) their racquet face is on contact reveals what direction they will serve in. The rest is up to your reactions, but it's by no means as easy as I make it sound.

Quote:
You are right. Practice makes close-to-perfect.
Not always true, but what's the harm in trying?

Quote:
Nightmare is an understatement. It's expensive as well.
At least it will give you something extra to look forward to upon returning home!

Quote:
No problem. What do you know, my schedule is wide open in March. I can't wait to experience the four seasons for the first time ever!
We should seriously do it. It's beautiful, especially when the weather is nice, and definitely my favourite place in London.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote