MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog.

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #874
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
It would be foolish not to go even once while it's in London, though.
We can go together. Already planning to get first row seats for next year.

Quote:
Too many social players just whack their first serves and it seldom goes in. I rarely hit it as hard as I can, because I know my percentage would just drop too low.
Yeah, that's true. It either goes out or goes into the net. Good for me though - a guy's first serve is really scary to return.

Quote:
I wouldn't give up on the serve. There isn't a more crucial shot in the whole sport, so it's not ideal that you choose to give up on it.
It's just too hard. My problem is still the ball toss. I can't toss it consistently in the correct position. And I'm too lazy to practise haha. Not to mention it's so hard to play tennis here - cold, no access to courts, etc. I'm gonna play SO much tennis when I go back to Singapore. I have missed perspiring like crazy under the sun and in the humidity.

Quote:
I will still play through the winter, just nowhere near as much. When I say I have stopped, I have stopped competing.
Do you play for your school or something?

Quote:
Yes.
When is the best time to go?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote